A Major nations' Council consists of 3 positions that characters can be assigned to, depending on their Archetype. Every council member provide different nation-wide bonuses based on their Character Stats, which also affect their success rate at missions.
- Assigning a charcter as a council member costs 100 civics and 2 orders. The respective nation-wide bonuses apply immediately and the character is ready to undertake a mission.
- While the character stays in the council it will have a +40 Opinion modifier towards the leader and gain 5 XP per turn.
- Each council member can undertake one mission at a time. Missions cost __ and take 2-3 turns to complete. When a council member completes a mission, it gains another 20 XP.
- Required Technology: Aristocracy
- Must be of type: Commander, Diplomat or Orator
- For each Wisdom point: +10 Foreign nations opinion
- For each Charisma point: +2 civics
- For each Courage point: +10 Tribes opinion
- For each Discipline point: +1 growth
- Missions: Player Peace, Player Truce, Tribal Peace, Tribal Truce, Demand Tribute, Trade Mission, High Synod
- Required Technology: Spoked Wheel
- Must be of type: Builder, Judge, Zealot
- For each Wisdom point: +1 Culture/Turn in all cities
- For each Charisma point: +10 Family Opinion
- For each Courage point: +3 Training/Turn
- For each Discipline point: +6 Money/Turn
- Missions: Family Gifts, Pacify City, Imprison
- Required Technology: Portcullis
- Must be of type: Schemer, Scholar or Tactician
- Allows creation of Agent Network in Foreign Cities
- For each Wisdom point: +1 Science
- For each Charisma point: +10 Religion Opinion
- For each Courage point: -0.5/Turn in all cities
- For each Discipline point: +0.5
- Missions: Infiltrte Nation, Slander Nation, Steal Research, Assasinate